Monday, February 20, 2012

Another adventure in this journey

We crossed 35 weeks on Friday and the Wednesday before had our follow up appointment at the Fetal Medicine Unit. Unfortunately what was supposed to be a quick check in just to confirm what they found 3 weeks ago did not go as well as we hoped. Grover has decided to not grow as fast as he/she is supposed to be again. We had the ultrasound and the high risk doctor sent me for a non-stress test after the results of the ultrasound where not as good as hoped. The good news is that once again the fluid levels, blood pressures and heart rate are all still good, but Grover is just not putting on the weight they want. The following day we met with your OB and I was put back on partial bed rest. From here on out we have to go to the hospital's Fetal Medicine Unit for non stress tests every week and ultrasounds to check fluid levels and blood flows as needed. I will also be seeing my regular OB every week. So it looks like at least 2 appointments a week from here on out.

On a happier note, I did get permission from the doctor to go to my baby shower this weekend. My wonderful friend Nikki threw a wonderful party that was much enjoyed. Now onto the task of finding places for everything that came home. My parents came out for the weekend as well and it was great to spend more time with them to celebrate Grover and my birthday.

Please continue to say prayers for Grover that he/she puts on weight and I have a feeling it is going to be an interesting last 4-5 weeks!